MB0049 | What are the various phases of project management life cycle? Explain
Q: What are the various phases of project management life cycle? Explain
The various phases in project management life cycle are –
• Analysis and evaluation
• Inspecting, testing and delivery
• Post completion analysis
1. Analysis and Evaluation Phase
• It starts with receiving a request to analyse the problem from the customer.
• The project manager conducts the analysis of the problem and submits a detailed report to the top management.
• The report should consist of what the problem is, ways of solving the problem, the objectives to be achieved, and the success rate of
achieving the goal.
2. Marketing Phase
• A project proposal is prepared by a group of people including the project manager. This proposal has to contain the strategies adopted to market the product to the customers.
3. Design Phase
• Based on the inputs received in the form of project feasibility study, preliminary project evaluation, project proposal and customer interviews, following outputs are produced:
o System design specification
o Program functional specification
o Program design specification
o Project plan
4. Inspecting, Testing and Delivery Phase
• During this phase, the project team works under the guidance of the project manager.
• The project has to be tracked or monitored through its cost, manpower and schedule.
• The tasks involved in these phases are:
o Managing the customer
o Marketing the future work
o Performing quality control work
5. Post Completion Analysis Phase
• After delivery or completion of the project, the staff performance has to be evaluated. The tasks involved in this phase are:
o Documenting the lessons learnt from the project
o Analysing project feedback
o Preparing project execution report
o Analysing the problems encountered during the project